Ayothidoss Pandithar Hospital, National Institute of Siddha
The National Institute of Siddha is located at Grand Southern Trunk Road, Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai and functioning in its own campus, situated on a plot of land measuring 14.78 acres. The Ayothidoss Pandithar Hospital attached with Institute is a NABH accredited Hospital, providing healthcare services to the public and is imparting clinical training to the Post Graduates. TThe OPD and IPD, with its 200 bed strength are functioning on all the 365 days of the year. In addition NIS conducts Five outreach OPDs at different places in and around Chennai in the Semi-urban and Rural areas (Swasthya Rakshan & Swasthya Parikshan) and one Peripheral OPD at Tribal area, Kothimangalam, Thirukazhukundram, Kancheepuram district.
The Hospital is equipped with USG, PFT, ECG, X-Ray, Bio-Chemistry, Microbiology, Pathology Laboratories, Siddha Pharmacology Laboratory for supporting the quality health care services and research activities of this Institute.
To provide safe and quality medical care through Siddha system of medicine to humanity.
To develop high quality clinical teaching in PG education in Siddha system.
To conduct clinical research on various aspects of Siddha
To document the healthcare services for scientific validation
To disseminate the clinical research works through scientific publications and publication of books for global acceptance.
To develop, promote and propagate various aspects of Siddha treatment.
To provide healthcare through Siddha System of medicine for all citizens and position Siddha as preferred system of medicine for public healthcare.
To provide affordable, compassionate and quality healthcare services through Siddha system of medicine to all
To improve quality and standards of clinical teaching in post graduate education.
To evolve as a centre of excellence in providing healcare through Siddha system of medicne.
SCOPE OF SERIVICES
• Pothu Maruthuvam (General Medicine)
• Gunapadam (Siddha pharmacology)
• Sirappu Maruthuvam (Special Medicine)
• Varma Maruthuvam (Varma therapy)
• Pura Maruthuvam (External medicine)
• Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam
• Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam (Pediatrics)
• Noi naadal (Siddha pathology)
• Nanju Maruthuvam (Siddha Toxicology)
• Aruvai and Thol Maruthuvam (Surgery and dermatology)
• Sool & Magalir Maruthuvam (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Special and External therapy procedures
• Enbu murivu (Traditional bone setting)
• Thokkanam (Therapeutic manupulation therapy)
• Attai vidal (Leech therapy)
• Suttigai (Cauterization)
• Patru (Poutice)
• Ennaikkattu (Oil pooling)
• Peechu (Enema)
• Varmam (Varma therapy)
• Yogam (Yoga therapy)
• Otradam (Fomentation)
• Iyanmurai Maruthuvam (Physiotherapy)
• Vedhu (Steam inhalation)
• Podithimirthal (Powder rubbing)
• Pugai (Fumigation)
• Kaaranool (Caustic thread)
• Sool kaala paraamarippu (Antenatal care)
Special OPD Services
Besides regular out patient services, National Institute of Siddha also conducting Special Out Patients service for the following diseases
|Name of Special OP||Day||Consultation Time|
Irudaya noi & Nurai Eeral noi - Iraippu irumal (Cardiac diseases and Branchial Asthma)
|Monday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Madhumegam (Diabetes)||Monday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Muthiyor Maruthuvam (Geriatrics)||Tuesday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Mantha sanni (Autism)||Tuesday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Yogam and Kayakalpam (Rejuvenation therapy)||Wednesday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Putrunoi (Cancer)||Wednesday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Prevention and Control of NCD||Wednesday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Azhagu iyal (Cosmetology)||Thursday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Athithoolam (Obesity)||Thursday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Magavinmai (Infertility)||Friday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
|Siruneeraga noigal & Athikuruthi azhutham (Renal diseases & Hypertension)||Friday||2.00 p.m to 4.00 pm|
• Clinical Pathology
• Siddha Maruthuva Noikanippu (Siddha diagnosis)
• Maintenance - Civil & Electrical
• Housekeeping - Contract for providing Housekeeping Services awarded to (M/s.Gaviko Artistic Creators & Event Management Amenities (P) Ltd.) w.e.f. 16.03.2018
• Security - Contract for providing Security Services awarded to M/s.Gurubani Security Private Limited w.e.f. 01.08.2018
• Manpower - Contract for providing Manpower Services awarded to (M/s.Gaviko Artistic Creators & Event Management Amenities ( P) Ltd.) w.e.f. 01.08.2018.
• Catering (Canteen) - Contract for providing Catering Services awarded to M/s.A.John Peter w.e.f. 01.06.2018.
• General Ward (188 beds)
• Special Ward (12 beds)
Sevices not available in our Hospital
• Emergency management
• Major surgeries
• Burns, Severe injuries, Compound and Complicated fractures
• Terminally ill patient care
• Road traffic accidents
• Medico legal cases
• Medical termination of pregnancy
• Highly infectious and contagious diseases