National Institute of Siddha and The University of Madras, Chennai signed MoU on 09-6-2010
A Memorandum of Understanding between National Institute of Siddha and The University of Madras, Chennai has been signed on 09th June 2010 by Prof.Dr.K.Manickavasakam, Director i/c., and Dr.P.Saravanan, Registrar, The University of Madras, Chennai at The University of Madras, Chennai in presence of Prof.Dr.M.Murugesan, Dean, Prof.Dr.M.Logamanian, Shri.M.Subramanian, Senior Research Officer (Statistics) from NIS and Dr.N.Srinivasan, Dean, UICIC and Prof.Dr.Sriman Naryanan, Dean, Research Projects for University of Madras.
The University of Madras (UNOM) is a premier University in India having world class infrastructure facilities for conducting high quality research in all areas of sciences, humanities and languages, also conducting post graduate and M.Phil, courses in advanced and specialized disciplines, with well experienced and qualified faculty members.
The Memorandum of Understanding envisage
To undertake joint studies on herbal management of Chronic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, industrial lung diseases and other challenging diseases to the modern world, .
- Graduate, Post graduate and Doctoral Research project work and training to be carried out at both NIS and UNOM;
- Organizing and participating in Joint symposia / Conferences/ workshops/ Short- term Refresher courses conducted by both the organizations;
- Short-term and long term developmental programs on topics of mutual interest;
- Evaluation of Siddha practices and cost effectiveness of the system;
- Medical and technical consultancy activities of mutual interest;
- Exchange of faculty for guest lectures as well as for examinerships;
- Extending pre-clinical toxicology and pharmacokinetics /clinical and trial facilities/trials for bio – products developed by UNOM and NIS and
- Extending access to library and knowledge sharing facilities mutually for both students and faculty in both the institutions.