Email id : email@example.com
Prof. Dr. V. Banumathi has joined as Director, National Institute of Siddha w.e.f. 19.2.2016.
Before joining this post Prof. Dr. V. Banumathi was working as Director, Research and Development Wing of Indian Systems of Medicine, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
Prof. Dr. V. Banumathi has worked as Principal in – charge, Govt.Siddha Medical College, Chennai-106
• Possess 33 years service experience
• Possess 19 years teaching experience.
• Attended who – external fellowship training program in the field of “Food Safety” at Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, sponsored by ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
• Participated in “Regional Conference on AYUSH” as Speaker, at the State House, Le Reduit, Republic of Mauritius
• Ph.D.- Guideship, Awarded by The T.N.Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, Chennai
• Member,Central Council for Indian Medicine, New Delhi
• Head of Department & Dissertation guide -PG Gunapadam (Siddha Pharmacology)
• Member- Affiliation Sub-Committee, The T.N.Dr.M.G.R.Medical University w.e.f. 08.08.17.
• Member – Institutional Animal Ethical Committee, NIS, Chennai.
• Chairman/ Member-Secy - Institutional Ethical Committee, NIS, Chennai
• Chief Editor - Journal of NIS
• Papers submitted in State level, National level, International level conferences & journals -11
• Three special Lectures delivered in ROTP & CME programmes for teaching faculties and Assistant Medical Officer respectively at GSMC, Chennai & GSMC, Palayamkottai
• Former Member, CCIM as Chairman Education Committee
• Former Member, Board of Studies (Siddha) of the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University.