M.D(Siddha) Degree Course
- National Institute of Siddha (NIS) is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- Dr.Sudha Seshayyan M.S., is the Vice Chancellor of the University [Details]
- Dr. Parameswari Srijayanth, M.B.B.S.,M.Sc.(Epid.),(Ph.D.), is the Registrar of the University [Details]
- Education, Syllabus and Curriculum are in accordance with the norms fixed by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM), New Delhi.
- The post-graduate courses [M.D (Siddha)] have commenced at National Institute of Siddha from 30-09-2004. Siddha graduates with B.S.M.S Degree are eligible to apply for the post graduate degree. Selection is made on the basis of their rank in the All India AYUSH PG Entrance Examination [AIAPGET] conducted by Ministry of AYUSH and Counseling held in this Institute. Reservations are applicable as per the rules of Government of India. One seat is allotted for a Siddha graduate from foreign countries in any one branch cyclically every year.
The branches offered to PG programme in Siddha are:
- Maruthuvam - 8 seats
- Gunapadam - 8 seats
- Pura Maruthuvam - 3 seats
- Varma Maruthuvam - 3 seats
- Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam - 2 seats
- Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam - 8 seats
- Noi Nadal - 7 seats
- Nanju Maruthuvam - 7 seats. (Total Seats : 46)
Fee structures for M.D(Siddha) Students of this Institute from the academic year 2018-19 (Ref: F.No:NIS/2-6/Accts/2018-19 dated 01.10.2018)
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CANDIDATES TO M.D (SIDDHA) COURSE AT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SIDDHA, CHENNAI-600 047.
Out of 46 seats permitted in MD(Siddha) course, 1 seat is reserved for candidates from foreign Countries. Foreign candidates with the Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (B.S.M.S) degree or equivalent degree as approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)—have to submit their applications to the Indian Embassies in their countries. The Indian Embassies will forward their applications to the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in New Delhi which in turn will forward the applications to the National Institute of Siddha, Chennai to consider for admission to the MD (Siddha) degree course.
A foreign candidate seeking admission has to submit an application, along with all the original documents, to The Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032 for obtaining Eligibility Certificate from the University.
National Institute of Siddha is recognized by The T.N.Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai for conducting Ph.D programme in 6 Departments of Siddha specialty. Some of the faculty members are recognized as guide for Ph.D programme. Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India has sanctioned 12 research fellowship (i.e two for each department) with monthly stipend. Based on the availability of guide and the number of candidates for whom each guide could provide service, the M.D(S) qualified candidates will be selected by conducting entrance examination. The six specialties are...
- Sirappu Maruthuvam
- Kuzhandai Maruthuvam
- Noi Nadal
- Nanju Maruthuvam
Fee structures for Ph.D scholars of this Institute from the academic year 2018-19 (Ref: F.No:NIS/2-6/Accts/2018-19 dated 18.01.2019)