a) B.S.M.S. UNDER GRADUATE DEGREE COURSE (Commenced from 2022-23)
- National Institute of Siddha (NIS) is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- Dr.Sudha Seshayyan M.S., is the Vice Chancellor of the University [Details]
- Dr. M.B. Aswath Narayanan B.Sc., M.D.S., is the Registrar of the University [Details]
- Education, Syllabus and Curriculum are in accordance with the norms fixed by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), formerly CCIM, New Delhi.
The National Institute of Siddha is an organization set up by the Ministry of Ayush for encouraging studies and research in the Siddha system of medicine. This is an unique organization which provides opportunities for aspiring students to develop their knowledge and carry out research in the Siddha system of medicine. The Institute is presently conducting,
- M.D (Siddha) Post Graduate degree Programmes in 8 Specialties and
- Ph.D Doctoral programmes in 6 Specialties.
The new Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (B.S.M.S.) – an Under Graduate degree progoramme, to commence during the Academic Year 2022-23, will be a new initiative to provide avenues to the students from all Indian states to get quality education and training in the Siddha system of Medicine. This is one of the new milestone in the journey of Siddha medicine. It will also equip them to join the Post-Graduate programmes conducted by this Institute and elsewhere.
Admission procedure to B.S.M.S. degree course
- Candidates should follow the instructions given in this Prospectus for every academic year
- Admission will be done based on the NEET-2022 Score, reservation norms of Govt. of India and as per the AACCC, NCISM and The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai regulations.
- Candidates who have been made ineligible by AACCC, due to their non-reporting to previous rounds of counseling / any other reasons are not eligible to get admission to the BSMS programme conducted by this Institute.
b) M.D(SIDDHA) POST GRADUATE DEGREE COURSE
The post-graduate degree courses have commenced at National Institute of Siddha from 30-09-2004. Siddha graduates with B.S.M.S Degree are eligible to apply for the post graduate degree. Selection is made on the basis of their rank in the All India Ayush PG Entrance Examination [AIAPGET] conducted by Ministry of Ayush and Counseling held in this Institute. Reservations are applicable as per the rules of Government of India. One seat is allotted for a Siddha graduate from foreign countries in any one branch cyclically every year.
The branches offered to MD (Siddha)PG programme are:
As per the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Guindy, Chennai – 32, letter No Proc.No.Affln.I(3)/33933/2018 dated 17.04.2019, the following Speciality P.G courses (M.D Siddha degree) have been conducted in this institute.
- Maruthuvam – 10 seats
- Gunapadam – 10 seats
- Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam – 10 seats
- Noi Naadal – 9 seats
- Nanju Maruthuvam – 9 seats
- Pura Maruthuvam – 4 seats
- Varma Maruthuvam – 3 seats
- Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam – 3 seats. (Total Seats : 58)
Fee structures for M.D(Siddha) Students of this Institute from the academic year 2018-19 (Ref: F.No:NIS/2-6/Accts/2018-19 dated 01.10.2018)
|S.No||Particulars||1st Year(Rs)||2nd Year(Rs)||3rd Year(Rs)|
|3||Computer and Internet Fee||2525||2525||2525|
|7||Annual Day Fee||700||700||700|
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CANDIDATES TO M.D (SIDDHA) COURSE AT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SIDDHA, CHENNAI-600 047.
Out of 58 seats permitted in MD(Siddha) course, 1 seat is reserved for candidates from foreign Countries. Foreign candidates with the Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (B.S.M.S) degree or equivalent degree as approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)—have to submit their applications to the Indian Embassies in their countries. The Indian Embassies will forward their applications to the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in New Delhi which in turn will forward the applications to the National Institute of Siddha, Chennai to consider for admission to the MD (Siddha) degree course.
A foreign candidate seeking admission has to submit an application, along with all the original documents, to The Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032 for obtaining Eligibility Certificate from the University.
c) PH.D PROGRAMME
As per the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Guindy, Chennai – 32, letter No Proc.No.ACI(3)/16000/2012 dated 17.04.2017, This Institute is offering Research programme which leading to the award of Ph.D degree (Click here to download Latest PhD Guidelines – 59th SAB)
National Institute of Siddha is recognized by The T.N.Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai for conducting Ph.D programme in 6 Departments of Siddha specialty. Some of the faculty members are recognized as guide for Ph.D programme. Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India has sanctioned 12 research fellowship (i.e two for each department) with monthly stipend. Based on the availability of guide and the number of candidates for whom each guide could provide service, the M.D(S) qualified candidates will be selected by conducting entrance examination. The six specialties are…
- Sirappu Maruthuvam
- Kuzhandai Maruthuvam
- Noi Nadal
- Nanju Maruthuvam
Fee structures for Ph.D scholars of this Institute from the academic year 2018-19 (Ref: F.No:NIS/2-6/Accts/2018-19 dated 18.01.2019)
|S.No||Particulars||1st Year(Rs)||2nd Year(Rs)||3rd Year(Rs)In case of extension|
|5||Computer & Internet Fee||5000||5000||5000|
|9||Annual Day/Cultural Fee||1000||1000||1000|