IN PATIENT DEPARTMENT (IPD)
NIS Resumes its In-Patient Services from 23.09.2021 onwards after a brief shutdown due to COVID-19 pandemic
Along with OPD services, National Institute of Siddha also has in-patient ward with 200 beds which includes special ward consisting of 12 beds in six rooms. IPD has separate ward for Male, Female and pediatric patients. For General ward patients, all the facilities are given at free of cost especially food and treatment. Rs 100/- is collected towards admission fee (As on 23.09.2021).
For special ward, two patients can occupy a single air conditioned room (A/C) with curtain partition which includes a attached rest room. The special ward is charged with Rs.1000/day for each patient. A patient who stays in this ward is charged for other therapeutic like Thokkanam therapy, Kaaranool therapy and Leach Therapy etc ( for each sitting refer user charges list dated 23.09.2021) and there is minimum charge will be collected for investigations. Otherwise there is no charge for consultation, medicine and foods.
IN PATIENT ADMISSION:
- Patients referred for admission can approach the hospital office situated adjacent to lab reception and opposite to the In patient ward for admission procedure
- Presence of one Attendant per patient is mandatory for admission
Click here to see the Complete list of various charges collected for services offered [As on 23.09.2021]
Wards are situated in three floors with adequate space separately for male, female and children.
Ground floor : Children ward
1st floor : Female ward
2nd floor : Male ward
GENERAL WARD – MALE
GENERAL WARD – FEMALE
SPECIAL WARD CORRIDOR
UNITS / DEPARTMENTS:
Eight various departments are available in the IPD as follows
- Varmam, Puramaruthuvam & Sirappu Maruthuvam
- Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam
- Noi Naadal
- Nanju Maruthuvam
- Aruvai Thol Maruthuvam
- Sool & Magalir Maruthuvam
IN PATIENT CARE:
- Patient care and medical services in the IP ward are provided round the clock
- Residing Deputy Medical Superintendent along with Duty Medical officer, PG scholars and Staff Nurses are available in the hospital for round the clock medical service
- A hygienic ambience is ensured in the hospital premise round the clock favoring the speedy recovery of the patients with a good quality water and food
FACILITIES IN IPD
- A proper maintenance of medical records for each and every patient is being maintained by the hospital from the day of admission till the day of discharge
- During the course of stay the patients are subjected to periodic clinical/lab investigation owing to their disease condition
- Separate lavatory facility for male and female is available
- Separate sun bath area is available for each floor of IP
- Medicines to the staying In patients were dispensed to their bedside periodically by the nursing staff
MEDICINE DISTRIBUTION AT PATIENT BEDSIDE
MINOR OPERATION THEATRE
There is a Minor operation theatre functioning in NIS under the Aruvai Maruthuvam unit. Aseptic minor surgical procedures are carried out in M.O.T. Some of the procedures performed include Karanool threading for fistula in ano, corn foot excision, Incision and drainage of abscesses, sebaceous cyst excision etc. Necessary equipments like electro cautery, suction apparatus, UV cabinets for karanool preparation etc. are available.
MINOR OPERATION THEATRE
EDUCATIONAL & ENTERTAINMENT ACTIVITIES – PEDIATRIC WARD
In addition to the regular medical treatment provided, children are given fabulous recreation through audio visual aids in pediatric ward. This help to improve the physical and mental development also encourages social interaction with each other.
CHILDREN ENGAGED IN AUDIO VISUAL PROGRAMME
Nursing services are extended to the patient, family members and to the community. The nursing department bases its objectives at providing “holistic nursing” care to patient suffering with all alignment. Nursing personnel actively work with the aim of providing “client centered approach” care. Nursing personnel are important members of the hospital interdisciplinary team providing primitive, curative and rehabilitative services for the patients.
NURSES ON SERVICE
- The hospital runs contract dietary services. It offers wholesome vegetarian food to its patients. The hospital has a modern, well ventilated kitchen with ample supply of fresh water and electricity. It has a vegetable storage room and refrigerated facilities for storage of milk products.
- All food handlers use protective clothing such as caps and aprons to prevent any contamination of food. Kitchen waste is disposed off hygienically by the cleaning agency staff.
- Food distribution is done centrally by the kitchen staff to all wards on trolleys. General diets are distributed in large stainless steel containers while special diets are distributed in separate stainless steel Tiffin carriers according to the need of each patient and supervision of therapeutic diets is done by the staff nurses at the wards.
- For Inpatient Ward Diet is provided according to their disease condition ie Vatha diet, Pitha diet, Kabha diet, Madhu mega diet (Diabetic diet), Fever diet, Salt free diet and Skin diet.
- A separate cafeteria is available for the public and hospital staffs.
DIET DISTRIBUTION FOR PATIENTS AT IPD
HOSPITAL NECESSITY SUPPLY STORES (HNS STORES)
The HNS store caters to the hospital requirement of all cleaning materials, patient related items, ware supplies. This store caters to IPD & OPD requirement only. The supplies from this store range from phenyl, brooms, soap, cleaning powder, locks, wheel chair, trolleys, linens, pillow covers etc., This is very versatile store and caters to a large spectrum of supplies. This store caters to hospital requirement.
MEDICAL RECORD SERVICES
The Medical records department has been maintaining patient records pertaining to OPD & IPD. These records are retrieved whenever it is required. These records are preserved for patient care, research purposes, academic interest and medico-legal purposes.
Death register is maintained in IPD and registered in Tambaram Municipality.
Services for the hospital and that of the Institute is outsourced to a cleaning agency which comes under the supervision of the Hospital Superintendent for the cleanliness of the hospital and departments. Utmost importance is placed on regular cleaning of the entire Institute.
Security services are outsourced to private agencies on yearly tender basis. Adequate number of trained and experienced guards are deployed at designated places in the hospital to ensure orderliness and security in the hospital.